Friday, March 19, 2010

My New Dell Mini 1012 Netbook



I've had this for less than one day so far but I'm totally digging it. It's small, light, and quiet (no fans). It does get a tad warm underneath, but nothing like my Dell Inspiron 1720 (my 17" monster laptop).

Here's a pic of the Mini sitting on top of the 1720.

The Mini 1012 is running Windows 7 Professional, has a 10.1 inch screen, an Intel Atom N450 1.66Ghz processor, 1GB RAM, and a 160GB hard drive. I'll be adding more RAM (maxes out at 2GB) and an internal bluetooth module so I can use a wireless mouse. Ordered the parts.

This thing will be perfect for meetings, taking notes, connecting to a projector to give Powerpoint presentations, email, and web surfing. Out of curiosity I am installing the Photoshop CS4 Trial just to see if it can even run. I am not too optimistic about that :-)

No comments: